It’s time for your monthly musical self care! Connect with your instrument and your community around a cozy campfire in our outdoor classroom.
At every class you’ll:
- Unwind with your friends at your musical happy hour
- Learn a fun sing-along tune with personalized instruction (as well as printable materials and online recordings)
- Add to your song collection so you can jam at home with your family
- Give back to your community!
- Open to strummers age 21+
- Choose from guitar, ukulele, banjo, or mandolin
- Players need to know how to tune an instrument and read a diagram of common chords. We’ll teach you the rest!
- Space is limited to 12 participants.
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Early Fall
- August 23, 2021
- September 13, 2021
- October 11, 2021
- Late Fall
- November 1, 2021
- November 29, 2021
- December 20, 2021
Time: 6:15-7:15 P.M. (MT)
- 3 Class Series (Early or Late Fall): $125
- 6 Class Series (Entire Fall): $225 — Save 10%
- Limited scholarships available for BIPOC and those financially impacted by COVID
**10% of proceeds go to Boise Rock School to support scholarships for kids, Rock on Wheels, and the Boise All-Ages Movement Project**
Frequently Asked Questions
Our studio is located on Vaughn Street — just off Latah between Rose Hill and Alpine.
We host the Campfire Social Club (you guessed it) outside around a campfire. We run heaters in the winter and misters in the summer to help keep everyone comfy, and have the option to go under the shelter of our outdoor classroom.
In the case of extreme weather, we’ll take our class online for an interactive virtual play-along. We generally host online under the following circumstances:
- Temperatures below freezing or exceeding 100° F
- Air quality exceeds 100 AQI (orange)
- Icy roads
- High winds
Trust us, we’ve had plenty of practice teaching online throughout the pandemic and it’s still a great way to share music with your community! 😊
For these outdoor classes you are welcome to go without a mask if you’re fully vaccinated (two weeks after your second vaccination).
Please throw on a mask if:
- you are not vaccinated
- you’re feeling under the weather
- you’ve been recently exposed to anyone exhibiting potential COVID symptoms in the past two weeks.
Thanks for keeping our community safe!
The Campfire Social Club focuses on fretted instruments like guitar, ukulele, banjo, or mandolin. We teach the chords and strum patterns to each song, and occasionally use a capo to change keys. The songs will have a vocal part so you’re welcome to sing along if you desire (not required, but very much celebrated!).
If you already play something that’s not on the Campfire Social Club list, feel free to bring it to your class in addition to your strummin’ instrument and give it a go! We’ll also have some communal percussion instruments available for keeping the beat if you want to drum around a bit.
If you want to learn the violin, fiddle, piano, keyboard, drum set, cajón, harmonica, or viola — yes, you can still join our studio! We offer these instruments through our Lesson Membership. In this program we also teach note reading, melody/riffs, bass lines, and improvisation in addition to chords and strumming.
The Campfire Social Club is for adults. If your teen or tween would like to play, then a Lesson Membership is the way to go. Kiddos age 6+ can accompany a parent with a Lesson Membership as a Tagalong.
If you have a group of teens or tweens who want to play together we offer a variety of event options and can create a custom experience for your crew.
We truly believe everyone can learn an instrument regardless of age or background! That said, the Campfire Social Club will be most enjoyed by folks who have a little bit of musical experience. A base knowledge of how to tune your instrument and read a diagram of common chords is all you need to join — we’ll teach you everything else!
For true beginners, it’s great to start your musical journey with a little more individual attention. A Lesson Membership offers a combination of one-on-one lessons and groups to help you build your musical foundations.