The violin, also sometimes called a fiddle, is an amazingly versatile and dynamic instrument. We love all instruments like they are our children, but if we had to choose a favorite the violin may be our top pick.
The violin can be used in a wide range of musical styles. It is a strong solo as well as an accompanying instrument. We’re happy to provide the most interactive and fun violin lessons Boise has to offer!
At your violin lessons we’ll not only help you develop a strong musical foundation, we’ll also teach you a variety of popular songs so you can play with other musicians.
As a Boise Music Lessons violinist, you’ll get a healthy dose of:
- Classical methods for developing technique
- Fiddle methods for fostering collaboration
- Scale and arpeggio based improvisation (jamming)
- How to read a chord/lead sheet to popular music
- Guidance for school orchestra players
And, as always, let us know if there’s something special you want to learn and we’ll make it happen.
Fun Fact: did you know the violin has the same notes as the mandolin? This means you can also dabble in playing the mandolin if you choose!